10 Ways To Have Beautiful Skin Year-Round
We all want to look our best and have a youthful glow regardless of how old we are. In spite of what Hollywood and most magazines say, getting older is a natural part of life and not to be avoided.
However, there are precautions you can take, now, in order to have radiant, supple skin. Fortunately, many of the same things that will help you age gracefully will also keep you healthy for years to come.
Always wash your face at night. Even if you don’t wear makeup, dirt and grime can clog your pores and cause skin irritations leading to breakouts.
2. Eat healthy fats. Add avocados, coconut oil, olives & olive oil, grass-fed butter, and wild-caught salmon or high quality fish oil supplements. Omega-3 fatty acids will help prevent dryness and keep your skin and hair hydrated. They also contain antioxidants that can protect the skin from cell and sun damage.
3. Drink plenty of water, and stay hydrated. Drink at least 8 glasses a day (more when it’s hot, and you’re overheated). Pure, filtered water is nature’s best moisturizer, and it flushes our organs and removes toxins from the body. Add a slice of fresh lemon for added vitamin C.
4. We all need exercise. No one wants to hear that, but we have to keep moving. It promotes blood circulation and sweating helps the body get rid of harmful toxins. It also aides the body in losing weight if needed.
5. Eat vitamin and mineral rich fruits and vegetables.They’re loaded in antioxidants and nutrients that keep the body strong and able to fight off age-related diseases. Don’t you want beautiful skin and a sharp mind? I thought so.
6. Get your beauty sleep. Can’t you tell when you’ve stayed up too late? It shows on your face and how you feel. It’s during sleep that your body is able to heal and repair, and that includes your skin.
7. Avoid processed, refined sugar. A high sugar diet can destroy collagen which is what helps keep the skin from getting dull and sagging. Too much sugar = wrinkles.
8. Avoid too much sun or extreme cold weather for long. Being outdoors and soaking up the vitamin D is healthy, but don’t overdo it. Read the label carefully when choosing sunscreens, as many contain harmful ingredients. Try using natural lotions with cocoa butter and coconut oil.
9. Cut down on stress. Stress ages not only your skin but your whole body. It releases harmful stress hormones damaging everything in sight. Practice relaxation techniques like meditation, prayer, going for a walk, reading, or taking a bath.
10. Smile more. Smiling makes you more attractive and approachable. When you smile, you use muscles that lift the skin (a free facelift!!!). You’ll feel better and look younger. It’s hard to be stressful and smile, so keep smiling, and the stress will soon leave.
Following these tips will, not only, help you look your best, but they’ll also help you feel youthful and energetic. Aging is a part of life, but let’s work on living out our latter days with a smile on our face and some pep in our step.
As a coach, I put the power back in YOUR hands. Learn more about my training and unique approach to health coaching at CoachMaggie4Health.com.
Are you curious about how I can help you improve your health through diet and lifestyle changes so you can reach your personal goals? Let’s talk.
Schedule a FREE 15-minute consultation with me today, so you can start the living life again.
Disclaimer:I am not a medical doctor, dietician, nor nutritionist. I do not hold a degree in medicine, dietetics, or nutrition. I make no claims to any specialized medical training, nor do I dispense medical advice or prescriptions.
This content is not intended to diagnose or treat any diseases. It is intended to be provided for informational, educational, and self-empowerment purposes ONLY.