10 Worst Foods On The Planet
We are continually bombarded by new foods that promise to satisfy our pleasure. They are packaged to appeal to all of our senses and whet our appetite. It is estimated that advertisers spend as high as $10 billion to convince us to eat their products.
Interestingly enough, they aren’t trying to get us to eat more fruit and vegetables and drink more water. Most of what they’re pushing is engineered, fake food made in a research lab that’s filled with artificial flavorings, colors, and preservatives.
I have listed 10 foods that we should avoid, but there are so many more, too many to mention.
Refined sugar - It robs the body of minerals and causes a spike in blood sugar levels. It leads to nervous tension, hyperactivity, but also depression and fatigue. It has been called an addictive drug by many healthcare professionals. Alternatives: stevia, raw honey or pure maple syrup in moderation
2. Iodized table salt - Surprised? It’s been stripped of any nutrients and has dangerous additives to prevent clumping that’s harmful to your health. Alternatives: Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
3. Vegetable oils - They include canola, corn, and soybean oil and are highly processed. They can contain artificial fats , toxic chemicals, and easily go rancid. Alternatives: Extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil
4. Margarine - This is not even a real food. This trans fat raises cholesterol levels and is loaded with artificial ingredients. Alternatives: Grass fed butter, ghee
5. Processed meats - Deli meats like hot dogs, cold cuts, bacon, and sausage contain nitrites and nitrates and are loaded with salt and fat. Many also contain sugar. Alternatives: uncured, low-sodium, without nitrites or nitrates deli foods.
6. Chips and fries - They are usually cooked or baked with poor quality oils and have a lot of salt. Alternatives: Homemade oven fries, or oven roasted nuts, kale chips
7. Juices - Most fruit juices are loaded with sugar and artificial flavors. Alternatives: water infused with real fruit, fresh squeezed fruit juice.
8. Soda - Drinking pop can increase the risk of pancreatic cancer, cardiovascular disease, and disease. The carbonation is a solution of water and carbon dioxide gas that can be damaging to your gut lining, too. Alternatives: water, unsweetened tea, homemade fruit drinks with a touch of raw honey.
9. White bread - Most are made from refined wheat with all the nutrients removed. They contain empty calories and can cause a spike in blood sugar. Alternatives: homemade bread with organic grains, fermented sourdough bread
10. Microwave popcorn - Okay, now, I’m meddling. The truth is that microwave popcorn is laced with fake butter flavorings that contain chemicals that affect the brain. The other problem is the bags are lined with a toxic substance that is found in Teflon pots and pans. Alternative: organic popcorn made with coconut oil in a stainless steel pot
Contrary to what we’ve been taught, food does affect us. Our bodies were never designed to digest these fake engineered foods. When it doesn’t recognize them, it struggles trying to process them. Most of our chronic health problems can be traced back to our diet.
Have you heard of leaky gut? It’s a very common condition that affects far too many people. The intestinal
lining of the stomach gets damaged and it allows tiny undigested particles to escape into the bloodstream. This can lead to many of the gut issues that plague people and food sensitivities.
We have natively believed what the food industry has told us. So, what are we to do? First, educate yourself, so you can identify foods you shouldn’t be eating. Start reading labels, so you know what’s in your food. The fewest ingredients are best. Learn how to prepare foods to promote your health.
This is not an overnight process. Think of it as a journey that could save your life.
What are two or three foods you can begin to eliminate from your diet? Stop buying those things and replace them with healthier options.
Need help? I created an online course called Build Healthy Habits in 4 Weeks.
1. Learn ways to get rid of a lot of the mental clutter and improve how you think.
2. Learn how to make movement a regular part of your lifestyle.
3. Learn the best foods to enjoy and those to avoid.
4. Learn how to replace bad habits with healthy ones for life.
For a limited time, I've reduced the price of Build Healthy Habits In 4 Weeks, so sign up today!!!
Website - https://www.coachmaggie4health.com
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CoachMaggie4...
Join my FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/16164...
To purchase my book, God's Design For Your Health & Wellness,
click the link- https://amzn.to/3GFbFNa
I am an Amazon affiliate and earn a small commission of purchases made but they come directly from Amazon and not you, the consumer. Thank you.